If you’re considering relocating to a new city, Jacksonville, Florida offers many appealing benefits. Here are some of the top reasons to move to Jacksonville and make it your new home.
Sunny Weather Year-Round
Jacksonville enjoys a subtropical climate with warm weather practically year-round. High temperatures average from the 60s in winter to the 90s in summer. Outdoor recreation can be enjoyed any month of the year.
Affordable Cost of Living
The cost of living in Jacksonville is below the national average and more affordable than many other major Florida cities like Miami. Housing in particular is very reasonably priced in Jacksonville.
Growing Job Market
Major industries like financial services, healthcare, transportation and logistics are creating new jobs in Jacksonville. The Jacksonville metro’s economy saw the 4th highest GDP growth nationally in 2021.
Fun Beach Culture
Jacksonville has miles of Atlantic coastline, including popular beaches like Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach and Atlantic Beach. The beach scene here is more laid-back than Miami.
Major Sports Town
Home to the NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars, the city also hosts the PLAYERS golf tournament and college football games. Outdoor sporting events are a big draw.
With three major bases nearby, Jacksonville has the 3rd largest military population. This brings diversity and supports the economy.
If you want an affordable coastal lifestyle with plenty of jobs and recreation in a growing Florida metro, put Jacksonville at the top of your list for great places to relocate. The River City has something for everyone.
Jacksonville Offers Abundant Recreation and Cultural Amenities
As one of the largest cities by land area in the United States, Jacksonville, Florida benefits from having ample space for parks, nature preserves and recreational facilities. This contributes to an enviable quality of life for residents and visitors. Some of Jacksonville’s standout amenities include:
– Massive Urban Park System – Jacksonville boasts one of the biggest city park systems in the country with options for active and passive recreation.
– Miles of Beaches and Waterways – From the Atlantic Ocean to the St. Johns River, Jacksonville is surrounded by natural water amenities.
– Major Symphony Orchestra – A pillar of the local arts and culture scene.
– Annual Special Events – As a sports hub, Jacksonville hosts major annual events like the FL/GA football game and the TaxSlayer Bowl.
– Home of the Jaguars – The NFL team plays at TIAA Bank Field downtown. Jacksonville hosted its first Super Bowl there in 2005.
– World’s Largest Video Screens – The Jaguars’ stadium added mammonth high-def screens in 2014.
– Ongoing Stadium Investments – A 2015 proposal added an amphitheater, practice facility and club seat upgrades.
With Jacksonville’s growing population, solid economy and wealth of recreational and cultural amenities, the city continues to enhance its reputation as a dynamic, progressive metropolitan area with superb quality of life. Both residents and visitors have an abundance of options to enjoy.
Need more information about Jacksonville? Check out our Free Jacksonville Florida Relocation Guide!