Fast Facts About Living in Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Population (2020): 23,562
- Jacksonville, FL: 30min
- Tallahassee, FL: 2hr 52min
- Orlando, FL: 2hr 5min
Nearest major airport:
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $52,093
- Household: $96,629
Type of location: Urban / suburban
Why is Jacksonville Beach, Florida, a Nice Place to Live?
Jacksonville Beach is a small city in Duval County along the Atlantic coast. It’s known as a resort city due to its beautiful beaches, boardwalk, and wide array of restaurants, bars, and cafes. Jacksonville Beach and other nearby beach towns are part of a community called the Jacksonville Beaches.
However, Jacksonville Beach isn’t just a great place for tourists. The area is excellent for families, young professionals, and anyone who wants a beach experience. Jacksonville Beach is only half an hour away from Jacksonville, which makes it easy for commuters to travel into the city for work.
Children living in Jacksonville Beach attend the Duval County Public Schools district, a highly-rated public school district. It has 196 schools serving 129,000 students. Schools in the Jacksonville Beach area include San Pablo Elementary School, Jacksonville Beach Elementary, Seabreeze Elementary, and Fletcher Middle School.
What is Jacksonville Beach Known For?
Aside from its beautiful beaches, Jacksonville Beach has water parks, museums, and green spaces. The Adventure Landing Jacksonville Beach and Shipwreck Island Water Park have fun, family-friendly activities like pools, slides, arcade games, laser tag, and go-karts.
A little further away from the beach, the Cradle Creek Preserve and Castaway Island Preserve offer residents green spaces where people can hike on trails along estuaries and enjoy nature. For those who like fishing, the Jacksonville Beach Fishing Pier is a great place to cast your pole right along the beach.
Jacksonville Beach also has the Beaches Museum, which provides the history of the local region. It also displays an old steam train and a historic chapel that’s open to residents for weddings and other events.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Jacksonville Beach?
Just a few of the many restaurants in Jacksonville Beach with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Jax Beach Brunch Haus, for a brunch restaurant with breakfast and lunch favorites like shrimp and grits, steak and eggs, pancakes, and eggs benedict.
- Grom, for creative sandwiches, wraps, shrimp and grits, tacos, and more.
- Dockside Seafood Restaurant, for local seafood, served along the scenic Jacksonville Beach Boat ramp
- LandShark Bar & Grill, for a casual bar and grill serving American classics like burgers, po’boys, fish and chips, and tacos
- Beach Hut Cafe, for a casual breakfast and lunch restaurant serving eggs, omelets, burgers, deli sandwiches, and hot dogs