I wanted you to know your home is active on the market in the Multiple Listing Service. That means that very soon buyers will see the home and start requesting to view it.
My team will coordinate with you on how you want to be notified about showings as well as your preferred showing times.
Typically we wait a few days to start showings after it is activated in the showing service in order to let the buyer population know its there. That way all of the buyers have a chance to schedule a showing and make their best offer.
Here are the top 6 things you should know
- Agents may show up with their buyers without an appointment. It is your home, if that happens its up to you if you want to let them in. But for security, I recommend that you get their business card before letting anyone inside. If they are not escorted by a license agent you can ask them to call my office to schedule a showing.
- Agents who have scheduled showings may not show up or they may show up early or they may show up late. Please understand, they do not mean to do this but if they are showing multiple homes the timing of the showings could be off.
- Don’t be surprised if lights are not either turned off, if that is your direction, or doors occasionally are left un-secure. It happens too often, in my view, but everyone does try their best. Please contact me if anyone was disrsespectful of your property and I will handle it with them.
- Not all agent provide feedback about their experience for the showings, even though we ask for it both on email and via phone call. Try not to worry about other’s opinions, feedback is not meant to critique the home. Some of the feedback is very constructive and some gives us an idea on how your home stacks up against the competition, while other feedback is not very helpful, unless its an offer. And some of the best feedback is an offer.
- Don’t be surprised if agents forget to leave a business card. Even though we tell them do so, they often forget.
- We do have buyers and we are marketing your home to our buyers and our agents before it goes on the market. Yet, we want to create the most demand by attracting most of buying population to your home. Although we do notify our buyers-in-waiting in our database, because there are over 11,000 realtors in this local MLS, we are simply out numbered. So there is a good chance other agents will be bringing buyers through your home as well.
Thank you for watching and we look forward to a smooth sale of your home.
How Do Showings Work Once Your Home is Active on the Market?
What to Expect When Your Home is Listed
Congratulations! Your home is now active on the MLS and on more than 700 websites. This means that you can expect to start getting requests for viewings soon. As your real estate agent, my team and I will work with you to coordinate and notify you about showings and times.
We usually wait until your home is active on the market to start showings. This way, all potential buyers have a chance to make their offer and we create as much demand as possible. It also helps to get you the best possible price.
6 Things You Should Know About Showings
Agents may show up with a buyer without an appointment. You can decide if you want to allow them in to show your house. However, for security purposes, I recommend you get a business card before letting them in. If a buyer isn’t accompanied by a realtor, you can ask them to call my office and schedule a showing.
Late or No-Show Agents
Agents who schedule showings may show up early or late. It’s also possible they may not show up at all. They do their best to be on time, but things happen with multiple showings in a day. Schedules and times can easily get thrown off.
Don’t be surprised if you find lights left on or doors unlocked from time to time. We try not to let this happen, but it does sometimes. If anyone is disrespectful of your property, please let me know. I’ll make sure to address it with them.
Not all agents provide feedback on the showing, even though we always ask for it. This agent feedback is not meant to be a critique on your home; it gives us an idea of how your home stacks up against the competition.
Agent Business Cards
Sometimes agents forget to leave a business card. We ask all of them to do this, but they don’t always remember.
We have thousands of buyers in our database and we’re marketing your home to them as well as buyers’ agents. Our pre-marketing started before your house even went on the market. This helps to create as much demand as possible. We do notify all of our buyers, but other agents may also bring viewers through your home as well.
The Phil Aitken Team is Here to Help!
My team and I are available to talk about showing activity any time so you can feel informed about every step. We want to sell your house fast just as much as you do — that’s why it’s active on the market! So don’t hesitate to reach out with questions.
We can work together to increase the chances of your home selling quickly and at the best possible price. If you want to speak with the best realtor in the Jacksonville area, call Phil Aitken. Thousands of satisfied clients have already sold their homes and made a tidy profit with Phil’s help.
Our experienced team of expert realtors knows the Jacksonville market inside and out. We can help you implement strategies that are sure to get you the best possible price for your home. And, if you’re looking to buy your next home, we can help with that too.
When you need to sell, Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Phil Aitken Home Team can guarantee results!